Sunday, December 19, 2010

She is the miracle....

It seems no matter where I go whether it is to the store, church, or even sitting at home skimming through facebook all I see are babies everywhere. Maybe this is to prepare me for when Mackinley is gone. While I am happy for the people I know it becomes one of the few times I let the question "why?" run through my head. When I look at the ultrasound pictures we just got she looks perfectly healthy. And so deep down a part of me thinks maybe we will get a miracle when the truth is, Mackinley is the miracle we are supposed to have. With all the complications she has the fact that I am still carrying her is a miracle. The fact that she has a normal amount of amniotic fluid around her is a miracle. The fact that she chose our family is a miracle for us. And so while other people get to hold their babies. If only for a minute I will not only get to hold a beautiful baby, but a miracle that will be waiting for me. And she will be mine forever.
They say miracles come in all shapes and sizes
Ours is found in a tiny baby girl to good for this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment