Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Christmas party

Last night was our church Christmas party. I broke my own rule. I tend to only cry at home. Well for part of the program they showed a video of the nativity. Inserted in the video were clips of families sitting together reading the nativity story. I did pretty good until they showed a dad with a baby on his lap as he rocked her in a rocking chair. That was in for me. I was out the door in a flash. Cried for a minute and was headed back in to sit with Jared and the kids.
My tears came for many reasons the main reason was as I sat there watching this video I was reminded that without the willing sacrifice made by our HEavenly Father of his beloved son JEsus Christ it would not be possible for us to hold MAckinley again. It was kind of a surreal moment to realize all the pain I feel my Heavenly Father felt for his son. And while I didn't choose this trial. Our Heavenly Father loves us so much that he chose to allow Christ to sacrifice his life for us. How thankful I am for a father's love for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment