Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Eyes to see




We have felt your prayers and are thankful for your thoughfullness.... In these pictures are just a few things we have been blessed with as we travel this raod with MAckinley, and our Heavenly Father. The picture says "What we have once enjoyed we can never lose. All that we love becomes a part of us." (Helen KEller.) The other is a quilt. This quilt has a special story. I served in Young Women's with a lady named Shelia Swenson. In March she passed away from cancer. This past Sunday her Daughter JEnny called me and asked if she could bring me something. When she brought me this quilt she told me the following story: She said after her mother passed away she felt like she needed to make a quilt, a girl quilt. She didn't know anyone having a baby. And even after trying to brush off the feeling she went ahead and made it. And yet she still had no one to give it to. Then she learned of what we are going through. And as she gave it to me she told me she knew it was her mother telling her to make it for me. Shelia wanted me to have it and so she promted Jenny to make it so that Jenny could give it to me for her.
What a testimony of the plan of salvation. I know that Mackinley was with Shelia before she came to us. And I know that because Christ was willing to be born and die for me that I will have the opportunity to be with them both again. I am so thankful for the peace that knowledge gives me. And while the days are still hard. I can feel the love and prayers being offered in our behalf. In the midst of trial blessings will abound if you just have eyes to see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment