Sunday, December 12, 2010

A perfect night after a HORRIBLE day

So after shedding many tears. Just about all I own. what a sweet thing we were blessed with. I am convinced that Mackinley is growing. Last night after a long talk with Jared we laid down to go to sleep and as he reaches over and places his hand on my stomach Mackinley repeatedly kicks his hand. What a joy that is to be able to feel her movements on the outside as well as the inside. I think this has been harder on Jared then me. I can feel her from the inside. With the other 3 he would talk to them all the time. Last night was the first time he has really talked to her. HE told her it was her Daddy and he loves her and can't wait to see her. It was all I could do to not cry Each moment is a blessing. Most Trisomy 18 babies don't survive to delivery and who knows if she will or not. So we have to take in and cherish every sign of life she gives us. What a fabulous way to end a rough day. No matter how long or short her stay may be she has touched our life in a way only a child can.
"Every child no matter how fragile their life or brief their days changes the world." I know this is true for Mackinley has changed our world in so many ways and she has yet to arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment