Sunday, December 12, 2010

In the beginning

In the beginningfrom Our Trisomy 18 Angel by koylefam
If you are reading this because your world has just been turned upside down as ours was my thoughts and prayers go out to you. This is the ongoing story of our journey with Trisomy 18.
I thought we were finished having children. With 3 vibrant healthy children I was ready to be done. Then one day Jared and I felt very strongly that we needed to add to our family. 4 weeks later we had a positive pregnancy test in our hands. As far as health we had no concerns. We are parents toa healthy 6,4,&2 year old. All arriving with no complications. At about 14 weeks I noticed that our baby didnt move a whole lot. I attributed this to the fact that I am the Physical Education teacher at a local elementary school. I just figured I didn't notice since i am on my feet and active all day long.
At 20 weeks we were ready for the first ultrasound. We took our three children along because the girls wanted a sister and our boy wanted a brother. We figured hearing from the tech would make the dissappointment easier for which ever one would not be getting what they wanted. I remember laying there as they took pictures. The lady didn't show us feet or hands and didn't say a whole lot. I just figured it was because it was a different person then we usually had. She said she thought it was a girl but wasn't sure and that the radiologist would read the films and if there were any concerns our dr. office would call. Instead of the normal 15 pictures we walked out with 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment