Thursday, January 13, 2011

Things to remember

As I tuck the kids into bed each night they all insist on saying "good-night" to Mackinley. And they each have their own special way. Avery says "Goodnight little Mackinley." Jordyn says (with her face pressed up against my stomach so you can hardly understand her) "night Kinley me love you." And sweet Tucker ALWAYS says to her. "Goonight Mackinley, this is Tucker your big brother. And I love you." He is so proud of her. Today as we got ready for the day he asked me if he would be able to hold her before we sent her back to Heaven. I told her I hoped so, but even if she already left for Heaven he would still get to hold her. He said to me. "Mom I am glad you and dad were married in the Temple because that means we can be with Mackinley again. And I promise when I get to Heaven I will be the best big brother ever." As i witness these small but enormous things I know in my heart that my three small children have been blessed with a great understanding. More then i could have taught them on my own. I pray daily for them that they will be comforted when the time comes. Until then I will continue to record these sweet moments so that as a fmaily we will one day be able to look back and remember together.(alot of this Tucker and Jordyn proably won't remember )

2 comments:

  1. After having lost a baby I think this post is soooo sweet. Bring out the tissues. What great siblings!!

    ReplyDelete