Sunday, February 27, 2011

7 Days and peace will come

In 7 days we will welcome MAckinley into our family. As I was browsing the Internet I found a LDS family in Utah that had a little girl with Trisomy 18. I have often wondered how I will emotionally handle Mackinley's birth. Reading this blog was such a comfort to me as she wrote of the peace she felt the entire time. They only had 45 minutes with their little girl. But the mom said she was filled with peace the entire time. And the spirit was very strong. I hope this is our situation. When we were first told last week the Mackinley is "transverse breech" which is only deliverable by C-section. I became very worried. I have no desire for a c-Section. But after a few days of concern I finally knelt down and like everything else in Mackinley's life turned it over to the Lord. As we pray daily as a family and individuals our only request has been to be able to have alive long enough to share our love for her. I have felt strongly this will be answered. So after a lenghthy discussion with Heavenly Father I told him I just want what will provide us with the opportunity to hold her alive whether it be hours or a matter of minutes. I believe the peace will come when Mackinley leaves. The veil between Heaven and Earth is thin and while this will be hard for a long time, blessings will abound and we will see miracles take place. i have never felt that Mackinley will live for a long time. That is not the miracle I expect. The miracle will come in the form of peace, love, and understanding for myself, Jared, Avery, Tucker, and even little Jordyn, as well as all our extended family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment