Sunday, March 6, 2011

Peace and comfort

As I sit in the hospital I contemplate the many blessing my family has experienced as we have made this journey with Mackinley. Last night Jared and I had the opportunity to go to the Temple. What a blessing that was to us. That is where we were when we felt that we needed to have Mackinley. And as I was there last night I felt the most amazing sense of peace and comfort come over me. As the spirit told me that "everything will be okay. It is time to let her go." And it is okay. The reason it is okay is because Heaven is an amazing place! And when she is there she will be whole and happy. And waiting for me. And while the thought of letting her fo is sad. And the days will be hard. There is a peace that comes from knowing that she has fulfilled her earthly mission here on earth. And has earned her place in the presence of our Heavenly Father. Every minute we have had with Mackinley is a miracle. The fact that we have had 38 weeks with her is a medical miracle. And knowing that she will be whole when she returnes to Heaven eases the pain of letting her go. It is time. She has done what she needed. And so knwing this it will be with a heart full of love and gratitued that I will let her go when the time come. And i will thank my Heavenly Father for sending such a blessing to my family.

4 comments:

  1. You don't know me, but I found your blog when blog-hopping from a friends' blog. I have been following along since early February.

    Tonight I was thinking of your family and your preparation to bid a temporary good bye to your baby. Your faith is inspiring. The Plan of Salvation is a wonderful, miraculous gift that I am grateful for in my own life. I pray that you will feel sweet peace in the days to come. Thank you for sharing your sacred journey. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lord, I pray you continue to give this family your peace that passes all understanding. I pray that they are able to spend time with their daughter while she is here. We thank you for the blessing that Mackinley is. In Jesus name we pray Amen.

    Hugs.
    Be blessed
    Ashlee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am praying for you and your family and thanking God for that Peace that only He can give. I, too, have experienced that Peace in the midst of the unknown, and it is such a beautiful thing. Your post itself contains evidence of it, and that is yet another way that Mackinley has touched others.
    In His Peace,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. God just led me to your site today and while I was reading your post a rush of memories came flooding back...
    I will be praying for you and your family. He will give you strength.
    Jen

    ReplyDelete