Monday, March 14, 2011

Fast and slow


Time has a way of doing strange things. It seems to me that is goes fast as well as slow. Friday night we held a viewing for Mackinley. Looking back I know that I was blessed with Mackinley's presence. As well as a loving Heavenly Father that held me together through it all. It was wonderful to be able to share her and her sweet spirit with our family and friends. Saturday was her funeral, what a beautiful day. The weather couldn't have been any better. A slight breeze, and the sun warming my face. The service was perfect. Once again I could feel her with me, as I stood and spoke of all the things she taught myself and my family. What a holy day. What a miracle, for us.
One week ago today I held her in my arms, watched her cry her first tiny cry. I watched her proud daddy cut the cord, and shed tears as he held her tight. One week ago today I watched her cry her last cry. I watched slip into Heaven, I felt her leave. I cried tears of sorrow, not for her because I know she is whole and happy, but for us because we are the ones that must keep moving forward. One week ago today our family received an angel, one that we will hold in our hearts until we are able to hold her in our arms.
While she is gone she is still here, yesterday as we had lunch with some family a blessing was being said on the food, and I could feel her with me. I know as time passes she will come and go. And while there are still tears to be cried, there is joy to be found in the knowledge that Heaven is real, and that families are FOREVER, and in the fact that our family has and forever will be blessed to have 3 beautiful daughters. Two that are here with us and one that is waiting, and cheering us on.
Mackinley we are so thankful that you gave us 20 minutes in our lives, a lifetime in our hearts, and ETERNITY in Heaven.

1 comment:

  1. What a kind and loving Father in heaven we have...to feel your sweet daughter's spirit must be his way of letting the healing begin...
    in my constant prayers.

    ReplyDelete